[WVARC] Greetings from the new QTH

Tree tree@kkn.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:32:30 -0700

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 09:08:27AM -0700, Joseph M. Wade wrote:

> Phil and several others of you worked for my uncle in Van Nuys. His company
> sold and repaired one of the first phone answering systems called the
> Kalltaker.  As I recall, I worked there for about 4 years, Matt worked there
> next and then NWK and maybe HGU and of course TVH.  I'm not sure if any
> other club members did.

Ah - another thread...  companies that WVARC memebrs worked at together.

ITC (Instrumentation Technology Corp) which is also known as ITS these
days has to be mentioned.  Thad gave me my first course in digital
electonics on 146.91 MHz one Saturday.  A week later, I got a job at
ITC.  WA6KKP/N6RN would later work there as would K6OVJ and W6DSQ (who
were active from the Litton club as K6QYB in the early 70's).  I know
they came to a field day or two as well (remember Dennis' black speedster
up at Contractor's Point?).

Tree