[WVARC] Greetings from the new QTH

Joseph M. Wade w6yr@arrl.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:08:27 -0700

Hey Phil!  Welcome back to the WVARC.  And when you get back to California
get over to my house and fix my Kalltaker.

Phil and several others of you worked for my uncle in Van Nuys. His company
sold and repaired one of the first phone answering systems called the
Kalltaker.  As I recall, I worked there for about 4 years, Matt worked there
next and then NWK and maybe HGU and of course TVH.  I'm not sure if any
other club members did.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: wvarc-admin@kkn.net [mailto:wvarc-admin@kkn.net]On Behalf Of Phil
Hockmeyer
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 6:26 PM
To: wvarc@kkn.net
Subject: [WVARC] Greetings from the new QTH

Hello Wvarc friends,

This evening, I was blown away with a blast from the past, a phone call from
WB6UHF!
My key may be silent, but I'm still kickin! I now live in Tampa, Florida.
After John and I chatted for a bit, I went in my closet and pulled out a
bundle of Qsl cards.
Let's see, sst, csn, rzb, yni, zvc, cxa, kpn, and yes John, I have one of
your silver on black cards from "Brownie."
I'm looking forward to renewing old friendships. I plan to be in Calif next
month, beginning on 10th, perhaps a reunion is in the making?
Looking forward getting in touch with old friends.

88, 'er let's see, I guess that's, oh yeah! 73!

Phil Hockmeyer

Victory through Mug