[WVARC] Ten Meters

Rob Schneider schneiderpix@earthlink.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:11:57 -0400

Now that's one that I do remember.  WB6VZI, WA6PXY and I built a slap-dash
4-element, 10-meter quad and put it on a pipe on the roof of my folk's house
up in Porter Ranch in Northridge.  We moved my Drakes onto a picnic table in
our backyard and multi-op'ed the Ten-Meter Band Opening Contest using
WA6PNN. The antenna worked great and the band was fairly lively, too, as I
remember.  I think the best QSO was a VK9 on Norfolk Island, but we worked
lots of folks. I believe I used that quad until it fell apart, but here
things get hazy.  We might have dismantled it and hauled it away. . . .

Rob Schneider N6MR