[FQP] QSO Parties... FlQP vs MnQP

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Wed Apr 25 22:58:11 PDT 2012

A comparison... the Florida QSO Party and the Minnesota QSO Party.

The Florida mobile participants are probably starting to apply sunscreen
lotion and getting ready to roll on Saturday. As you know, the Minnesota
QSO Party is held in the dead of winter. It's the first Saturday of
February each year. Weather conditions are always a concern to the MN
mobile corps. And navigating through our snow-swept 87 counties can add
another level of 'operating' challenge. It goes without saying there's
an extreme contrast in weather conditions between these two events.The
following video was captured during one mobilers route in northern
Minnesota in 2007.

http://www.wimp.com/winterroad/

Here's hoping all FQP mobiles have a safe, enjoyable outing this weekend!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

P.S. We're still trying to figure out who scheduled the MnQP in the dead
of winter!