[FQP] Fw: FQP and 10M

Sjaak van Dam pa3gvr at amsat.org
Thu Apr 1 07:46:36 PDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:40 AM,  <Nzharps at aol.com> wrote:

cut ----8<----8<----8<----
> Perhaps K9VV could shed more light on 40m activity levels with results from
>  the 2009 N4KK mobile multi-multi operation.  I believe they had a 40m
> station active during most of their trip. Would also be curious if they did
> much  on 15m.

Hi All,

Last year we (N4KK) used a Icom AH-4 automatic antenna tuner for our
40M station and a 20M hamstick for our 20M station.
The 40M station did check the other bands but there was nothing to be had.
As a Multi/2 Mobile we made contacts on 40M throughout the whole contest.
I hope the table below will be readable. The fist column is the hour,
the second number of Qs on 40M and the third the number of Qs on 20M:

Day 1 Hour 1	  25	  95
Day 1 Hour 2  	36  	80
Day 1 Hour 3  	31  	101
Day 1 Hour 4  	7 	46
Day 1 Hour 5  	20  	90
Day 1 Hour 6  	37  	83
Day 1 Hour 7  	48  	87
Day 1 Hour 8  	53  	86
Day 1 Hour 9  	111 	95
Day 1 Hour 10 	124 	74
Day2 Hour 1	  93  	28
Day2 Hour 2	  66  	72
Day2 Hour 3 	41  	129
Day2 Hour 4 	40  	148
Day2 Hour 5 	24  	142
Day2 Hour 6 	10  	108
Day2 Hour 7 	24  	105
Day2 Hour 8 	27  	131
Day2 Hour 9 	31  	109
Day2 Hour 10  	47  	130

On the first day we stopped to pick up some stuff in the 4th hour so
those numbers are low on both bands.

In 2008 we did do 18 contacts on 15M and in 2007 we looked on 10 and
15 but we only made Qs on 40 and 20.

Sjaak, W4RIS