[FQP] Three hamsticks

AD8J ad8j.1 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 1 15:46:16 PDT 2010

I have been able to use 40, 20 and 15 meter hamsticks on the same mount with
the same feedline.  I use a homemade mag mount, with four magnets, that has
horizontal bar (a piece of aluminum angle (where I attach the center of the
coax..
Then the three hamsticks attach to the bar, with the quick disconnect
fittings,
and stick straight up.  They are about  24" apart.  I take the shield of the
coax
to some metal on the car.  I tried doing the three antenna thing using a
hustler
three antenna adapter that fanned out the antennas.  I had trouble with the
mount flying off when I went fast and once I got pulled over by the police
because one of the antennas extended into another lane of traffic and was
flopping around.  Making them vertical solved the problems and makes the
vehicle look more "official" when you are in the hammer lane doing a rally
sprint to the next county.

AD8J