[FQP] FQP Mobile Rules Clarification

k8bb at comcast.net k8bb at comcast.net
Fri Mar 30 16:39:26 PST 2007

Hi guys ...

Not to be a rule creep, but a dipole in a tree or a tribander on a mast are
not "capable of motion." The Ohio QSO Party makes a separate "rover"
category for such operations, and it has attracted good participation in the
past. My suggestion would be to eliminate the "capable of motion" part and
lump mobiles and rovers together (not my preference) or make a separate
rover category for operations like the ones you describe (my preference).

All of this is with the understanding that the Florida QSO Party has more
categories already than some other QSO parties have participants!!

Also, fantastic write-up and stats ... you guys do great work!

Don Chisholm K8BB