[FQP] FQP Mobile Rules Clarification

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 30 13:26:02 PST 2007

 I was looking at the FQP rules for mobile stations

(C) Mobile. Mobile is a station that is self-contained (radio, antenna, power source) capable of motion. Motion is optional. The Mobile category is not limited by the number of operators for competition purposes. Mobile entrants may be either Single Operator or Multioperator. There are two classes of Single Operator for mobiles.

Does that mean we could not stop -say at a state park - and throw up a 20 meter dipole and operate awhile from the car  - then drive to our next location running our mobile antenna and do the same from that next location ? This is more of the classic "rover" operation then really mobile. I don't see FQP has a "rover" class. If I wanted to do this what category would we submit our score in ? Is my dipole antenna self contained if it supported by a DK9SQ mast that is touch my  car ???

Jeff  KU8E