[FQP] Thanks for the QSOs

Marty Young w4my at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 20:40:12 PDT 2007

Just wanted to thank all the mobiles for their effort
in FQP.

I made about two hundred and a half Qs (mostly with
mobiles) and had fun "plinking".  Sorry I wasn't able
to get down there, but I worked many stations in most
of the counties I would have been in.

I was very impressed with how well all the counties
were represented.  I missed WAG, WAL, NAS, and HOL.  I
really wasn't bent on a sweep, but when I worked CAH
and BAY early Saturday, I thought I might have a
chance.  If I had paid more attention and worked
harder at it, I'm sure I could have done it.  Kuddo's
to all.

I was at a bit of a disadvantage when everyone went to
20 meters, the skip was too long from here.  I'm set
up for BS7H now for the shallow angles.  One surprise,
I worked my first DUV late Sunday, on SSB, with a
fixed station who wasn't in the test seriously.  (I
had CAH in the first half hour on Saturday)  Go
figure.

Most worked county:  PAL  (How do you guys do CW so
well when you can't even punch a voting ballet
correctly?) TIC Hi!

Good mobile ops, I don't think I had even 5 requests
for repeats or partial fills, FB!

I'll make every attempt to be mobile in FQP 2008,
looks like a winner, congrats to FCG.

73  Marty / W4MY

PS:  My log submission next week will be a checklog.