[FQP] N4BP QRP CW

Bob Patten n4bp at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 30 06:26:20 PDT 2007

            7     179    1074    2
           14     378    2268   61
           21       2      12    0
        Total     559    3354   63

Score : 211,302

Rig : IC-7000 @ 5W

Antennas : A4S @ 65ft, 40/80 Dipole @ 62ft

Soapbox :
Although I got knocked out of the mobile category, Murphy
cooperated very well otherwise.  My power line noise didn't
start up until after 10PM Saturday and quit at 7:50AM Sunday,
absolutely perfect timing.  I spent time in the mobile windows
on both 40 & 20, but am sure I was not a hinderance to any
mobiles.  Whenever I heard "QRL?", I knew it was time to find
a new frequency since my 5W "QRL" was always ignored, even by
a couple of the fixed FL stations who were S9+++ and must have
heard me.  Had some good rates off and on, but the final hour
was spectacular down here with EU peaking up to S9+20db for
some stations and probably the best rate since the first hour.
I was very pleased with the performance of the new IC-7000 and
know it would have done much better with the mobile noise than
the IC-706MKII has in the past.  And my truck is still sitting
in the driveway with a full tank of gas and a mag mount on the
roof of the cab...

--
73,     Bob Patten, N4BP                Plantation, FL

E-Mail :   n4bp at arrl.net                Website: http://www.qsl.net/n4bp
SOC #1          ARS #799                QRP ARCI #3412       FISTS #7871
NAQCC #1306     FP #1491                SMIRK #6625