[FQP] W4ZW/m Half time

w4ZW w4zw at comcast.net
Sat Apr 28 21:19:58 PDT 2007

Spent some time in SAR, DES, CHA, and LEE  but the mobile results were poor.
I used the ATAS 120 and worked  SSB while driving and had a difficult time
getting anyone to hear me on SSB but CW seemed OK,  only 111 Q's in the
short time I had to operate.   I'm changing over to the tall Hamstick
tomorrow and hope my signal will improve. Also tomorrow I'll have a driver
(I hope) so I'll be on mostly CW enroute back down to LEE by way of DES and
CHA.  Still have a high noise level with the Escalade running,  but the
FT-857D DSP helps.

Conditions seemed rather poor today or maybe I'm just depressed with my poor
signal.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"