[FQP] Half time

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sat Apr 28 21:10:35 PDT 2007

I enjoyed working a few of the FQP stations from a field location, set
up primarily to work the QRP To the Field contest.  The call was a bit
unique for contesting - WQ8RP, the Michigan QRP Club station call.  I
ran 5 watts to a 66' dipole @ 20 feet, strung between a couple of
lighting poles in a vacant parking lot, and fed with 450 Ohm twin lead..

It was hard "breaking through" the pileups with 4.9 watts to a wire
antenna, but I managed 3 stations on 20, and 4 on 40 metres.  I'm sure I
could have worked more, but, for me, one Florida Station per band was
sufficient.  And, "WQ?" was a comment I heard several times.  :)

I'll try some FQP from N8XX (Michigan) tomorrow if household chores
don't get in the way.

73 de n8xx Hg