[FQP] mobile window?

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Thu Apr 19 06:57:24 PDT 2007

w3dya at juno.com wrote:

> Gee, you guys really make things tough.

Not meant to be ... it's really rather simple ... mobiles operate from
xx.xxx - xx.xxx MHz.  It's all the other "interpretation" that makes
things confusing.

Read and follow what it says in the rules.  If they say "you can do
this" ... that's what you do!  If they don't specifically say "you can't
do this", then it's probably OK!

> I just returned from GQP and didn't notice much RTTY QRM on 40M

That's because there is no RTTY contest that weekend.  I believe the SP
RTTY contest came on the scene after the FQP (I could be wrong) and is
the reason for the 40 Meter fiasco.

Ron