[FQP] mobile window?

w3dya at juno.com w3dya at juno.com
Thu Apr 19 07:33:26 PDT 2007

Gee, you guys really make things tough.  I think TX QSO Party even lists
a frequency range (40 to 60 I think without looking) for their QSO Party.

Why not list a center frequency; mobiles below, fixed stations above?
Stations can then take as much space as they need.  This has been working
pretty good for the 40 years I've been participating in the QSO parties.

Of course, I don't recall any QSO Party where the rules weren't stretched
by some, but overall it works pretty good.

I just returned from GQP and didn't notice much RTTY QRM on 40M... but my
memory probably got wiped when the contest ended!

Will be looking for FQP mobiles wherever they are!

73, Norm, W3DYA