[FQP]FQP Mobile Configurations

Tom Frenaye frenaye at direcway.com
Mon Apr 26 19:04:11 CDT 2004

At 05:28 PM 4/26/2004, K4LOG wrote:
><snip>  It would be interesting in finding out what all the rovers were
>using as far a radios/antennas/logging software etc... <snip>

I used a TS-2000 and 20m whip on the roof of my VW Beetle.  Logging by pen/paper.   Just had to drive about 500' from home to get over the Massachusetts line...

Same set up I plan to use in the New England QP this next weekend.   The 2003 NEQP results had a comparison table showing what different mobiles used --> http://www.neqp.org/2003-results.html#Mob

Going mobile is easier than you may think.   Takes a few tries to smooth things out but it's a lot of fun!
We have 14 mobiles and more than 100 home stations ready to go next Saturday afternoon..

              -- Tom/K1KI