[FQP]Using WriteLog as a rover in multiple counties

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Mon Apr 5 22:43:54 CDT 2004

Georgek5kg at aol.com wrote:

> Here is how you change your county within a log:
>
> 1.)  Open a new log using the FQP module
> 2.)  In Contest Parameters, select your county, e.g., ALA, in the DUPE SHEET
> SELECT window.
> 3.)  Log QSOs while you are in ALA county
> 4.)  Mobile into your next county, e.g., BRO
> 5.)  In the Log Enry line, tab over to the MY-COUNTY field and delete ALA
> 6.)  Hit the TAB key to bring up the DUPE SHEET SELECT window
> 7.)  Enter BRO and CREATE NEW
> 8.)  Log QSOs while you are in BRO county
> 9.)  If you mobile back into ALA, hit the TAB key to bring up the DUPE SHEET
> SELECT window
> 10.)  Select ALA from the "switch back to a previously visited county" window
> and hit USE EXISTING

WOW ... sure seems like a lot of "stuff" to do in the heat of battle!

I like "KISS", so with NA, I have "pre made" batch files for each county
- type in the abbreviation, and NA automatically opens that log.

So, when you're done in one county, hit ALT-X to close the log, type in
the next county abbreviation (SAR), and in a few seconds, your new log
is up and running!

Ron