[FQP]Using WriteLog as a rover in multiple counties

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Apr 5 13:10:16 CDT 2004

Dear FQP-mobilers who use WL:

I have just discovered that the WriteLog FQP contest module allows the
changing of your county (MY-COUNTY) in a single log.  I know that some of you are
already aware of this, but I wasn't!  It seems to be a well hidden, undocumented
feature of the FQP module, and I think it is worth sharing with the crowd.

Last year, as a roving mobile, we used separate WL logs for each county to
avoid the problem of duping stations as we went from one county.  This, however,
was not only burdensome and time consuming but totally unnecessary!

Here is how you change your county within a log:

1.)  Open a new log using the FQP module
2.)  In Contest Parameters, select your county, e.g., ALA, in the DUPE SHEET
SELECT window.
3.)  Log QSOs while you are in ALA county
4.)  Mobile into your next county, e.g., BRO
5.)  In the Log Enry line, tab over to the MY-COUNTY field and delete ALA
6.)  Hit the TAB key to bring up the DUPE SHEET SELECT window
7.)  Enter BRO and CREATE NEW
8.)  Log QSOs while you are in BRO county
9.)  If you mobile back into ALA, hit the TAB key to bring up the DUPE SHEET
SELECT window
10.)  Select ALA from the "switch back to a previously visited county" window
and hit USE EXISTING

If any of you see any flaw in using this feature, pse let me know.
Otherwise, happy motoring.

73, Geo...

George Wagner, K5KG
941-312-9450