[Cwo] 2014 CW Open and YO DX HF Contest

k6rb at baymoon.com k6rb at baymoon.com
Tue Sep 10 10:39:05 PDT 2013

All:

As of right now, Sept. 20 has:

            SARL VHF/UHF Analogue/Digital Contest
            1600Z, Sep 19 to 1000Z, Sep 21

            + ARRL 10 GHz and Up
Contest
            0600 local, Sep 20 to 2400 local, Sep 21

            + Scandinavian Activity
Contest, CW
            1200Z, Sep 20 to 1200Z, Sep 21

            + SRT HF Contest SSB
            1300Z, Sep 20 to 1300Z, Sep 21

            + QRP Afield
            1500Z, Sep 20 to 0300Z, Sep 21

            + Washington State Salmon
Run

1600Z, Sep 20 to 2400Z, Sep 21

The only CW conflict would be Scandinavian CW contest. How big a deal
is that one? I didn't thing YO DX was big deal, either, until it became a
big deal.

That said, Sept. 20 could be a date...but can we make sure that FOC
is not planning on that date? Or should we just go ahead and nail it, then
let them know, since there is nothing shown and as John points out, it was
held later in September last time around. In fact, it was going to be held
the first weekend in October - conflicting with CQP - until I alerted them
to that conflict.

I would also be willing to accept Sep. 20 though it disturbs our
'first full or partial weekend of Sept' precedent. But why stand on
ceremony? Bruce Horn never put is the perpetual calendar, anyway, so for
now, we're not stuck with a stake in the ground.

Anyone have a problem with Sept 20?

Rob K6RB

Rob:

Not sure I see the problem. In 2012, FOC held it's QSO party on
September 22 --- the 4th weekend of the month,

http://www.g4foc.org/calendar?EventViewMode=1&EventListViewMode=2&SelectedDate=9/10/2012&CalendarViewType=0

We announce CWO for Sep 13, 2014 -- the second weekend of the
month.

They can hold FOC in 2014 the weekend of either Sept 20 or Sept 27 --
the third or fourth weekend of the month, in the usual fashion.

The NA Spring SSB contest from 0000-0400 on Sept. 14 is a low
participation contest that won't conflict at all time-wise with CWO. And
WAE SSB vs CWO? Different animals altogether.

Again, I don't see the conflict.

73,
John K6MM