[Cwo] Awards

Rob K6RB k6rb at baymoon.com
Sun Dec 16 07:07:24 PST 2012

If we ever get a saturation of activity, it does not follow that high power would always win both awards. If there are 500 hundred NA participants on 20 meters during a 4-hour stint, an LP player could amass a 400 x 400 score. By not having mults be distance related, it moves the playing field closer to level. The reason HP players are winning, now, is because there are still too few participants and they can pull in more mults by using spotting and band hopping. That could all change if we start getting the numbers. So, I would not mess with the awards structure at this point. We have seen that LP players in SS CW can achieve scores that are very close to HP players, for example. It all depends on turn out.