[Cwo] Awards

Peter Chamalian w1rm at arrl.net
Sun Dec 16 06:39:09 PST 2012

I'm re-reading the awards for the CWO and I think we should take a second
look.  We give a trophy for the top score in each time period and a plaque
for the top score in each power level.

Without a doubt, the high power winner will always win the plaque and trophy
so the awards are tilted toward high power.

Do we award the high power trophy winner a plaque as well so they get two
awards?  If the winner of a category gets two (trophy and plaque) then we
should award the plaque to the second place finisher in that category.

Perhaps we should reconsider and award first place in each time/power
category a trophy.  Second place in each time/power category a plaque.  Or
some other combination?  I'm quite in favor of spreading the "bling" around
to as many as possible.

Something to consider for 2013.

Pete, W1RM