[Cwo] WAE Serial Number

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Sat Sep 3 11:25:05 PDT 2011

Hi Pete,

Not only poor for credibility, but pretty much impossible to administer.
A real problem is that if the "other" log is not available for checking, the
exchange is pretty much assumed to be correct.
I, for one, don't know common names in Russian or Japanese, or ...
Is DOK real or bogus?

73, Alan. AD6E

On Saturday, September 3, 2011, Peter Chamalian <w1rm at arrl.net> wrote:
> How about this.  If you get a “valid” exchange, that is a real serial
number and a real name you get 1 point for the QSO and if it’s a valid mult,
you get that.  If you do not get a valid exchange (that is a bogus serial
number and/or a made up name like prefecture, DOK, RDA) you get 1 point for
the QSO and 0 multiplier credit.

> To be honest, I think we are pushing the bounds of credibility with this.
>

> Pete, W1RM

already has RST, then 000 makes sense.  For us, we need a NR and a NAME.
RDA uses serial numbers, so that was the easy part. The hard part was
getting a name from those guys.  Keyman uses RST and while I was willing to
log "599", I never did get them to give me a name. I even thought about
logging the JA prefecture as a name, but then thought that was pushing it
too far.

> We'll have to see what weekend we end up with for the next one and try to
complement whatever other activity is going on.

> 73, Alan  AD6E
>

> On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Hank Garretson <w6sx at arrl.net> wrote:
>
> WAE has a rule we might want to consider.
>
> 5 Exchange
>
> A contest QSO can only be conducted between a European and a non-European
station (exception: RTTY, see §13). The exchange consists of RS/RST and a
progressive serial number starting with 001.