[ARDF] Region 2 Rules Request - Q and A

homingin at aol.com homingin at aol.com
Wed Sep 27 13:17:40 PDT 2017

I don't think we're in a spamfest at all. I believe the more input on this topic, the better. I have held off giving my own thoughts because they might be misconstrued as official policy. Instead, I want to hear what others, whether beginner or expert, regular participant or occasional, have to say.

Please keep in mind that, on average, about 25% of the stateside participants in the annual USA ARDF Championships are first-timers. Some come from the ham community, others are classic orienteers. We must insure that these newcomers have the opportunity to fairly compete with basic equipment. If they think that they will need special apps or GPS assistance to succeed against the "big guns" for medals and positions on Team USA, we will lose many of them, particularly the classic orienteers.

So let's continue the discussion, welcoming all comments and suggestions, keeping these beginners in mind. I'll be watching the ARDF list at kkn.net as well as Charles' new list.

73,
Joe Moell K0OV