[ARDF] Region 2 Rules Request - Q and A

Charles Scharlau charles.scharlau at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 08:50:27 PDT 2017

Being the instigator of this discussion, I apologize for it devolving into
a mass email spamfest. That was not my intention.

Please, if this topic interests you, let's take the discussion to a
dedicated list server I have created for this purpose:

Everyone is free to join. No cost or membership required.

And just to clarify, my proposal for permanent IARU Region II rules that
would include provisions for the use of smartphones does NOT alter the
nature of ARDF as it has historically been practiced. It does NOT allow all
smartphone features and functions to be used in ARDF competitions. The
rules could be written so as to permit only the official map, compass
direction, received beacon signals, and competitors' brains to be used, yet
still permit competitors to carry smartphones running approved apps. Please
see the SBAQ, and the petition:
http://openardf.org/index.php/2017/07/30/smartphones-in-ardf-sbaq/
https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/permanent-ardf-rules-for-region-2
more at http://openardf.org