[ARDF] Region 2 Rules Request - Q and A

Steve Stutman steve at radiorobots.com
Tue Sep 26 19:50:30 PDT 2017

I think Mike is spot on.

There are many aspects of ARDF, just as there are many facets of HAM radio.

Several years back I  had great fun jogging through the Blue Hills in
Boston with my compass, map clipboard, RX and tape measure ant.

It was my first event and although I found a couple foxes, I, to my
chagrin, did not win, hihi.

One of the guys who coached me did win because he is very skilled and runs
fast.

Too much automata takes the sport out of Radiosport, I think.

Sort of like self-driving Formula One cars.

Some people might want to watch it, but t'isn't the same.

If one wishes to sutomate, why not have course prep drones (UAVs) drop TXs
and then have competitor drones auto -locate them?

Easily controlled and viewed on phone with FPV.

Certainly a competition, but no humans in the actual run.

There are probably some guys in HF CW contests using Skimmers to drive an
automated station.

Perhaps fun to build, but not Radiosport, IMNSHO.

Maybe there is a "traditional" class and an "assisted" class.

Perhaps this has already been discussed.

My thanks to all who keep ARDF going here.

My middle-schooler just started running Cross Country.

I think she would like to run an event one of these days.

73,

Steve

KL7JT/1

Virus-free.