[ARDF] Fun and Frustration

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich ka5cvh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:45:36 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Marvin Johnston <marvin at west.net> wrote:

> To get something to work well, constant testing and tweaking is required.
> And that is another reason I started this thread; to find out what is
> working for others.

Mike asks

Has anyone done this?

I have an old suburban that I keep around for towing our orineteering
club trailer and other things that you need an old tow motor for.
I've though about setting it up with a dual band set up for cross band
and a mag mount.  One reason is that very few of my ham friends have
ever seen it.  I was thinking about putting in a big parking lot with
a mini (4") "o" control and punch on the rear view mirror.  Then I can
sit somewhere with my HT and watch the fun.

The hunters would have to punch a 3" X 5" index card, provided at the
start.  The index card would have their starting mileage on it and a
piece of paper in the drivers window would tell them where to go turn
the card in for scoring.   This will keep fox hunters from hanging
around the fox as many like to do after they found it.

--
Mike (Atlas Shrugged) Urich, Uhmerikun
http://ka5cvh.com

Life is hard, church shouldn't be!