[ARDF] Fun and Frustration

Marvin Johnston marvin at west.net
Fri Sep 25 12:21:17 PDT 2009

What has worked reasonably well is holding an antenna building workshop
just prior to the hunt. For $40.00, a tape measure beam kit is provided
along with an assembled and tested offset attenuator w/enclosure. By
building the offset attenuator and providing it with the kit, an
experienced person can finish the kit in 10 - 15 minutes or less.

I don't particularly recommend this approach if you want to work at more
than a couple of cents/hour :)! But it does help get people to attend.

One of my next projects will be to provide a resource list with the kit
that will enable interested people to find out more on the web.

To get something to work well, constant testing and tweaking is
required. And that is another reason I started this thread; to find out
what is working for others.

Marvin, KE6HTS