[ARDF] maps]

Mike (KA5CVH) Urich mike at ka5cvh.com
Tue Jun 12 14:43:26 PDT 2007

Matthew Robbins wrote:
> Mike,
>
>    I wouldn't give up hope just yet.  Usually you can catch an early
> afternoon flight without too much difficulty

Yeah but the perils of working for a company that is waaaaay to large.

I wish it were all that easy.  We have some really strange travel
restrictions thanks to a few people who have abused the system.  My
tickets for the meeting must originate in Houston and they must return
to Houston, I can't change that. And I have to be into Orlando by no
later than 9:00 PM on Sunday night, because some people have screwed
that up in the past too. I would have to fly back to Houston first and
then change airplanes and possibly even airports!  So .... I'm just not
up for rocking the boat.

Now OTOH, if we were going back to Vegas like we did for the past 5
years it would be a no brain'r, because I'd see y'all there.  I could
actually fly to Vegas on the company nickel a few days early.  I would
then be responsible for any other expense until the meeting starts, no
problem.  If the meet were to say be in GA or NC this year I could fly
to Orlando early then just rent a car and drive to the meet.

Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com
EC - S/E Harris Co.
http://harriscountyares.org