[ARDF] maps]

Marvin Johnston marvin at rain.org
Tue Jun 12 14:42:34 PDT 2007

I suspect a number of people will want to catch flights at a reasonable time. As
such, I would like to start the Sunday 80M event at 9:00AM. While we could put
them out and start earlier, don't forget that the rules normally call for being
at the waiting area 1 hour before the start. And with breakfast, that means
already getting up 6:30AM - 7:00AM.

Right now, I don't anticipate more than a dozen people in any one class which
would put the last runner out by 10:00AM. Allowing a 3 hour maximum time limit,
I would expect everything including the 80M awards to be done by 2:00 PM.
Allowing two hours to get to the airport and a two hour wait there, a 6:00PM
flight is reasonable. With an 8 hour non-stop flight to the east coast, that
would mean getting in about 2:00AM EST.

Note that the 3 hours is an *uneducated* guess; I haven't seen or talked with
Bob about the courses. It may be that 2 or 2 1/2 hours may be more reasonable.

Marvin, KE6HTS