[ARDF] 2008 ARDF World Championship

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Tue Apr 10 15:18:14 PDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 10:36:29PM +1000, bruce wrote:

> I assume there are no Region 3 championships this year ?
> Have you heard anything ?
> It was mentioned that Mongolia might be running them, but here we haven't
> heard anything at all.
> It would probably be too late at this stage to try to organise an Australian
> team to go anyway.
> We hope Korea are still organising the World Championships in 2008, but of
> that we have heard nothing either !  We have tried to contact them to see if
> they might consider running the championships before or after the APOC 2008,
> which is also being held in Korea. (Asia Pacific Orienteering Championships).

I don't speak Korean, and the online translators like Google and Babelfish
leave something to be desired, but I think this post is saying that the
tentative date for the 2008 World Championships is November 8, 2008 at
11:00 AM and the organizing committee chairman is HL4CFN:

http://www.karl.or.kr/bbs/zboard.php?id=we_8&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&keyword=2008&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=403

And then I found this, which I think is intended to be the 2008 World
Championship web site, or the web site of the organizing committee, or
something like that (actually, I think it's the latter - most of the content
seems to be discussions):

http://cafe.daum.net/2008ARDF

It seems like the organizing committee is HL1KDK, HL1IFM, HL1DK, HL1IE,
HL4CFN, HL4CFN, HL2PYQ, HL2OCS, and DS2BPZ.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/