[ARDF] Re: [abqardf] Photos from last year ABQ ARDF event

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Tue May 16 00:01:26 PDT 2006

Jerry was able to ftp about 1.3 GB of photos to me, and the transfer times
are really large, so I only had time for one attempt at getting the 6
megapixel images into something that will download in a reasonable time.
(There is a name for people who stay up until 3am to work on their webpage,
but I can't repeat it in polite company...)

So---This is my first attempt, and I'm interested if you think I should try
again.

The original files are 3008x2000 pixels, and I reduced all the 2m photos
(about 1/3 of the total) to about 640 pixels on the long dimension.  If you
click on the small photo, it links to the full 6MP image, which average just
under 3 megabytes.

I think I should reduce the big images to 1/2 or 1/3 (measured by the long
dimension, so to 1504x1000 (which is about 1/4 the filesize).  I could also
make the 640 images something bigger, like 800 pixels on the long side.

Here's my plan: 640-size with links to, say, a 1504x1000, but to leave the
3008x2000 available, but not linked, for about a month.

If you have any comments about this format, please let me know soon, so I
can make changes before I do the rest.

Here are the photos:
http://offcycle.org/photos/2005_US_ARDF_Champs/k5mje_2m/2005_ABQ_k5mje_2m.htm

Matthew