[ARDF] ARDF on Wikipedia

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Mon Nov 14 13:05:39 PST 2005

There is now an article on Wikipedia about ARDF:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARDF

Wikipedia is a free and open encyclopedia on the web.  Anyone can contribute
to any article, with the stipulation that any content provided must be free
of any copyright or license issues.  The objective is to have articles of
an encyclopedic nature - informative and factual rather than promotional or
expository in nature.  The ARDF article should ideally be something that
you could point a non-ham to and they would come away from reading it with
a basic understanding of the sport.

The current page could no doubt be improved upon, expecially with photos
of competitors running on course.  If anyone has photos that they would be
willing to distribute under one of the suitable licenses (not all of
which expect you to relinquish copyright), I'll be glad to handle the details
of putting it on the page.
(See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Uploading_images)

A related article that could also use some work:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_direction_finding

Someone should also write a separate article about mobile transmitter hunting,
although I'm not sure under what exact title.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/