[ARDF] Update on 2006 USA ARDF Championships

Charles E. Scharlau cscharlau at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 13 07:07:56 PST 2005

Dear 2006 Competitors:

We are looking for quick feedback from the likely participants at the 2006
ARDF Championships on the subject of medals for participants.

In order to reduce overall cost to competitors, increase the symbolic
meaning of the awards bestowed, and simplify the award ceremony, we would
like to propose the following policy regarding awards at the 2006 USA ARDF
Championships.

* Medals will be awarded to the top three overall finishers in each age
gender category.

* The top three USA finishers will be duly noted during the award ceremony,
and will be designated as such in the final results.

* All participants will receive a certificate of participation.

This policy would be a departure from what was done for all previous USA
ARDF Championships. If adopted it will mean fewer people going home with
medals. It also places the emphasis on overall finishers in categories with
non-US participants, making the competition in effect the USA ARDF "Open"
Championships.

It is our belief that most competitors will find this policy an acceptable
compromise, given that it hold down registration fees, make for a shorter
award ceremony, and make the medals themselves more valuable in the
achievement that they represent. So please let us know your opinions ASAP!

Charles & Nadia Scharlau
2006 USA ARDF Championships Coordinators
mailto:ardf at earthlink.net