[ARDF] Texas ARDF meet October 23

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Fri Aug 19 07:53:19 PDT 2005

     KA5CVH, W5JEN, and I would like to invite everyone to join us for
a one-day two-meter-only ARDF course on Sunday, October 23, 2005.  The
day before, Saturday, is the Southwest Regional Orienteering Championships,
hosted by the Houston Orienteering Club.  Both events will be held at
Bastrop State Park, located about a 45 minute drive east of Austin, TX,
a 2-3 hour drive west of Houston, or a 3-4 hour drive south of Dallas/Fort
Worth:

     http://www.texasardf.org/texas2005/

     This will be our very first organized ARDF competition, and will include
five transmitters on two meters.  We hope everything goes well the first
time around.  If anyone on this list is thinking of attending, please let
me know.  We would really love to have visitors from out of state.  We might
even be able to provide a place to stay for the weekend.

     We can't offer foliage, but for October 23, in Bastrop, TX, the average
high is 80F, and the average low is 54F.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/