[ARDF] [Adam's RadiO Diary] Day 11 Budapest on a Budget.

Adam Scammell a.scammell at rocketmail.com
Mon Sep 6 01:01:54 CDT 2004

When we woke up we were surprised to find Jaci had prepared us a
breakfast (rolls, bread, cold meat, cheese, condiments, eggs and
juice). Jaci helped us locate an Orienteering shop that Gyuri had
suggested, Jaci even phoned ahead to ensure it would be open. We headed
off map in hand first stop was the Hydrofoil to book tickets, ($150
AUD, I hope it's good), next stop was the Buda (mountain side of
Budapest (the flat side is called Pest) for the views. Bryan had been
ill due to the lack of sleep. (Some of us snore) We split up with
Bruce, Bob and Marvin. Bryan and I went to the O shop and bought some O
clothing, and got directions to the Sventendre Cupa Orienteering event,
which was on tomorrow and the next day (sat-sun). We traveled back home
via the city stopping for a Falafel (yes your correct, they are not
Hungarian, but they do taste good!). Bryan got an early night and I
headed off to the city park for a wonder. I found the hot baths, a
castle, the (outdoor) ice rink there was no ice, but they were setting
up for a concert. I headed back when it got dark and got an early night
(9pm) and skipped dinner.