[ARDF] [Adam's RadiO Diary] Day 6 (a short one)

Adam Scammell a.scammell at rocketmail.com
Sun Aug 29 12:36:53 CDT 2004

Day 6 -
We had an ARDF event today on the sinkhole map of 2 days ago. Last
visit I didn't go too badly, today was a different story. It was on 2M
again this time, a different start was used, although Fridays start
location was used for the finish today. I had some problems, as did
most people. Tx 3 was low in power and caught many of us out, I passed
within 30M of it twice. My order was correct, however my route was much
longer than required. I did a big loop before finding my first control
Tx 2 after 35 minutes. The remainder of controls were ok, just slow. I
ran in pair of Bruce’s spare shorts as I had forgotten my orienteering
pants. The small gap of uncovered skin between where my gators stopped
and where the shorts started suffered dearly. The afternoon was an
orienteering course in which walking was advised. I walked leaving 2nd
last 2 minutes before Bruce. Bruce ran and caught me at the 2nd last
control, I adopted the Budgie waddle, the judges are consulting the
photo finish for final results between Bruce and I.

Sorry for the short post today, I was up pretty late last night
individually re-sizing and ftp-ing each and every photo.

Adam

More photo's will appear shortly.
Thanks to all for the kind messages.