[ARDF] Host Club sought for 2005 USA ARDF champs

Dale Hunt WB6BYU dale at onlinemac.com
Mon Aug 23 23:37:48 CDT 2004

> As a first cut, here's my guess as to the availability of O'Maps...

> Y Oregon (Don't know which cities have maps)

    Columbia River Orienteering Club in the Portland area, and
    I think there is a smaller club in Corvallis which would be
    close enough.  However, I don't know how many maps are really
    suitible.  We used the Powell Butte map for 80m in 1999: those
    who ran it can imagine what a nightmare it would be on 2m!
    (Basically it is a steep sided remnant of an old volcano, and
    most of the transmitters on 2m would only be audible at the
    start via reflections from other nearby buttes that are not
    on the map.)

       - Dale WB6BYU
---