[ARDF] Hunter's Dry Box

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 12 20:57:38 CDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 04:05:20PM -0700, Jay Hennigan wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Dick Arnett wrote:
>
> > There is nothing sacred about using ammo boxes except that they are
> > rugged and cheep.  I have never paid more than $5 foe one.  I have not
> > seen the "hunter's dry box." but make sure it has a handle on the top.
> > Several boxes with batteries can become very awkward to carry into the
> > woods.
>
> Do you have a web link for the "Hunter's dry box"?  I've not seen one,
> would like to get an idea of what it is.  At $6 the price sounds right.

I'm not sure the one I saw in the store is the same manufacturer or model,
but it looked a lot like the "SDB-0-11" on this page:

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/camping/dry_boxes.html

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops