[ARDF] Hunter's Dry Box

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Fri Sep 12 17:05:20 CDT 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Dick Arnett wrote:

> There is nothing sacred about using ammo boxes except that they are
> rugged and cheep.  I have never paid more than $5 foe one.  I have not
> seen the "hunter's dry box." but make sure it has a handle on the top.
> Several boxes with batteries can become very awkward to carry into the
> woods.

Indeed.  A backpack helps a lot when setting out more than one at a time
or dealing with flags, stands, etc.

I also use ammo cans for geocaches, but deliberately take the handles off
to make them less attractive to those who would carry them off.

Do you have a web link for the "Hunter's dry box"?  I've not seen one,
would like to get an idea of what it is.  At $6 the price sounds right.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323      WB6RDV
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/