[WVARC] Exactly 40 Years ago, WA6LXN/6 wins Field Day class 4A

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Jun 25 17:13:46 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Leigh S. Jones, KR6X <kr6x at kr6x.com> wrote:

> We came back to Contractors point once at which time we destroyed Tree's
> 204BA.

Wow.  Now I remember being the only guy on the rope as that antenna was
being lowered down, and something broke and it crashed down all around me,
fortunately missing me completely.  I had forgotten all about that!  I now
remember seeing a bent element a few feet to my right after it landed.  I
was at the base of a wooden telephone pole, with some type of earthen mound
nearby that I dove into.

Such "fond" memories!  :-)

73,
Bob, N6TV