[WVARC] Exactly 40 Years ago, WA6LXN/6 wins Field Day class 4A

Leigh S. Jones, KR6X kr6x at kr6x.com
Tue Jun 25 16:48:15 PDT 2013

Our first Contractor's Point Field Day we used Ken Beal's yagis on SSB.  We learned that while Drake R4A/T4X stations worked pretty well on generators, Matt's Heath twins had troubles both with generators and RF blocking due to wider front end filters.  Bill Guimont brought a KWM2 that was used for our largest ever 75 M contact total with a nice quad loop antenna. We came back to Contractors point once at which time we destroyed Tree's 204BA.

Leigh S. Jones, KR6X