[WVARC] WA6LXN record

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Oct 25 13:31:58 PDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Tree <tree at kkn.net> wrote:

> Another interesting story is that of WN6EGN / WA6EGN.  Gates was a member
> of
> the slow speed novice net we started on 3737.  I think WN6TLV might have
> been
> a member of this net at one point?

Nope, SCN was the first traffic net that I joined, at Leigh's suggestion, as
a way to improve my code speed.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Tree <tree at kkn.net> wrote:

> PS: What WVARC member now owns Alpha Linears?

See my WVARC post of Sept 17th.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Leigh S. Jones, KR6X <kr6x at kr6x.com> wrote:

> I don't recall what Bob was using for amplifiers during my last visit to
> his
> shack, but I do remember that many years ago he had a pair of the autotune
> Alpha's, I
> guess that's Alpha 89's?

I have an auto-tune Alpha 87A and a manual tune Alpha 86, driven by two
Elecraft K3s.  N6PN and Tree also own K3s.

I spent yesterday up on N6PN's roof repairing his Butternut HF6V (one broken
linear loading wire, two broken radials).  Then I forced Matt to make a
phone QSO in the CQ WW Phone contest to prove that the antenna was actually
fixed.  I it may be the first time that Matt has been on phone in well over
a year, maybe two years.

73,
Bob, N6TV