[WVARC] WA6LXN record

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sun Oct 25 10:14:23 PDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 10:06:00AM -0700, Matt Futterman wrote:

> We were already pretty giddy at the point where we decided to call a 4-part
> CQ (who does that?), but when Leigh answered our call the giddiness was
> boundless!  What are the odds (aside from us ;-)?

It was amazing... and we all knew the "script" without really any practice.

And here we are some 40 years later remembering the same moment in time.

Another interesting story is that of WN6EGN / WA6EGN.  Gates was a member of
the slow speed novice net we started on 3737.  I think WN6TLV might have been
a member of this net at one point?  He lived in a mountain town that had been
cut off due to flooding and the one bridge was washed out.  We handled some
emergency traffic for him on the net (think he was setup at the fire station).

Turns out Gates was the postmaster for Forest Falls.

Tree