[WVARC] Info on George, WB6NNU

Matt Futterman, N6PN n6pn@prodigy.net
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 08:44:29 -0700

The information below about George, WB6NNU,  comes
from Tony, W7PCU.  I expect we'll be seeing Tony posting
to the reflector soon.

About George.  He was a very easy going guy with a great sense
of humor.  In fact, I don't remember anyome I've met in ham radio
who could crack me up as much as he did.  He reminded me alot
of Jonathan Winters, with lots of funny faces and bizarre personalities.

I am very sad to learn of his passing.
-----
Received from Tony Masvidal, W7PCU (ex-WB6PCU):
On WB6NNU, I checked QRZ data base and he is no longer listed. I had
just gotten back from patrol on a Coast Guard ship home ported near
Seattle, WA and I called him up. This I believe was in 1989 or 1990. I
had talked to a guy who had just bought the house from his wife. He had
passed away some months before. The man didn't say what the cause of
death was, but had many calls from the telephone asking for him.
I think his wife was from Sweden.
I believe he lived in Placerville, Ca. at that time.
If I remember right he was workng for a radio station in the area as an
engineer.
George use to live 4 blocks north of me in W.H.
Tony-W7PCU