[WVARC] Revisiting a post

Tree tree@kkn.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:11:52 -0700

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 10:18:46PM -0700, John Musselman WB6UHF wrote:

> I re-read one of the earlier posts from Tree:
>
> "I keep trying to use the call W6UHT.  I have the card
> and I am sure I got it at a meeting once.
>
> The name is Sid Friedlander from Tarzana.
>
> Not showing up in any databases currently. "
>
> That's Gary, WB6UEJ's, father.  I remember Gary telling me that his father
> had travelled to Japan and that he had visited Kenwood or one of the other
> Japanese radio companies.  He saw a Drake transmitter/receiver pair
> completely unassembled so the engineers could study every part...

That's right.  Didn't he have a RX/TX pair from Trio-Kenwood (when they
were known more as Trio)?  One of the first Japanese radios I ever heard
of.

BYW - I can't find the message where WB6NNU was reported to be a silent
key.  I think it was Bruce who had that data?  Maybe whoever it was can
make a more definitive statement.  I am just going off that information
and have nothing else to go on.

Tree

PS: Today's memory teaser...  what phone contest was simulated at a
club meeting by forming a circle with chairs facing outward - and
giving eveyone a log sheet.  Am I like the only one who remembers
this?  I am sure Marty was there.  I was W0IYP.