[WVARC] Steve

John Musselman WB6UHF wb6uhf@arrl.net
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:46:47 -0700

> Hi John,
>
> Yes - It has been a long time! Last time I saw you was when we played
football on the grass at UCSD and fired water-bombs halfway accross campus!
Amazing how quickly time passes...

> I had forgotten about the trading - Made me recall the nice receiver I had
picked up... You guilt-tripped me into practically giving it away to the
quadraplegic we took care of (I don't recall the gentleman's name). Best
trade I ever made! :-)

Well, you forgot the trading, I forgot you coming to UCSD and the photo
page.  Actually, I remember taking the photo page to a print shop at the
CSUN campus where they told me they couldn't copy it.  I had forgotten how
we actually did it.

The quadrapleigic was Bob Meade.  He passed away shortly thereafter
unfortunately.  His wife Erma remained a family friend of all the Musselmans
until she passed away earlier this year.

> Tree told me that he believes Craig Olin is a silent key - Craig sat for
his Novice exam the same time Randy Miller and I did (you were there also).
What I recall most about Craig is actually the story you were so fond of
telling about when you visited his shack. He was conversing with another Ham
who kept calling him "Greg" - Craig continued to correct him, but he never
got it right. Finally Craig yelled, "IT'S CRAIG! NOT GREG, CRAAAAAAAAIG!!!"!
Great story. And the time when you turned your beam away from him and
replied to his CQ DX with a "Pecan 7 <something>" - He nearly went crazy
trying to decipher the callsign! Ahhh - Kids are cruel, aren't they? :-) I
hope he's alive and well.

We've all been passing messages about "Greg,  not Craig!!!".  Oh my God,
that was funny.  I also put a message up about Joe, who started the whole
thing about "CR6 Slam Pecan".  He was eating pecans and dropped one.  Then
threw it in the trash and thought of "Slam Pecan".  Later, it became a call
sign to confuse anyone.

> Did you really forget the long night we spent making the one and only
photo page? We exposed each image on each sheet one by one and couldn't tell
if it worked until we were finished with all of them. I think we finished at
3:00 AM. I had a heckuva lot more energy back then!

> How have you been? What are you doing these days?

I'm going to wait until we have most all the guys that we are going to have,
then post a "bio" of what I've been up to.  Hope others will do the same
then.  But I'm going to wait a bit so I only have to do it once!

John