[WVARC] RE:Bulletin Questions

Joseph M. Wade w6yr@arrl.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:34:31 -0700

As listed in the March 1969 bulletin the officers were:

President - Phil Hockmeyer - WB6TVH
Vice President - Stew Cogan - WA6CXA
Secretary - Tom Musselman - WA6CSN
Treasurer- Matt Futterman - WB6KPN

Also:

Bulletin Director - John Musselman - WB6UHF
Membership Director - Dave Reeves WB6UJU (uncle Johnnys underwear)
Contest Director - Matt Futterman - WB6KPN

No, Tree, it didn't say that there would be time for questions and answers
after the meeting.  In fact it didn't even say what W6QNA was going to talk
about!  This was, however, to be joint meeting with the Rocketdyne ARC and
there were going to be "color" movies of Apollo 7 and 8 flights.  The
meeting was going to be held at the North American Recreation Center on
Fallbrook in Canoga Park - Just south of the antenna tower.

New members listed were Rick Weightman - WN6AHX, Ed Principe WN6QDQ and
Steve Rudolph (no call listed - must have been an associate member at this
time)

A classic UHFism is on page 5 under Station News: "The vertical at WB6UEJ
doesn't work but the wind does"

John also demonstrated an early aptitude for government work.  Under Et
Cetera he states: " You got a copy of the new form MI-1 and MI-2 (for
membership information) with the bulletin.  What say?"  I wonder how many
forms the club had...  If the club constitution provided for penalties for
failure to fill out those forms, many of us could owe a lot of money by now.

Joe