[WVARC] Tower move

Tree tree@kkn.net
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 08:40:50 -0700

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 01:51:45AM -0500, Tom Musselman wrote:

> Oh, my!  I remember that day.  It was pretty hot.  Tull was at the Downs
> with Hendrix.  I wasn't interested enough to buy a ticket in advance, but I
> went to see if I could either get a ticket from a scalper or sneak
> in.  Couldn't do either so I hitched a ride home.  The guy who picked me up
> said "why pay to see those guys when you can hear them on the radio for
> free?"  Needless to say, he was pretty old and didn't get it.  He must have
> been at least 30.  Ha!
>
> Uh, er, that's why I didn't help with the antenna.

Probably my biggest complaint about my childhood is that you guys didn't drag me
to concerts like this.  Saw my first concert in '79 - Mike Oldfield at the
Santa Monic civic.  Then The Who, but after Keith Moon.  I have seen Tull like
3 times now...  still waiting for Hendrix to come to Portland.

Tree