[TexasARDF] Region II ARDF championship organizing committee poll

Gerald Boyd wb8wfk at covad.net
Tue Jan 11 19:53:13 PST 2011

The region II organizing committee is pleased to announce that we have
arranged group rates of $89 + tax per night  for single rooms and 99 per
night for double rooms with the Marriott Albuquerque Pyramid North Hotel.
The room rates also include Breakfast and Internet access. Please visit the
event website at http://www.wb8wfk.com/2011_ARDF_WEB/index.html and click
the housing link. The housing page also includes a link so that you can book
the hotel room on line and get the group rate with the event hotel.

We are still working out details on the registration fees for the event. The
organizing committee has decided that it would like to poll the ARDF
community to see what the community would like.

We estimate that a minimum event would cost the organizers $85/person to
properly stage. On top of that are expenses related to transportation,
T-shirts, and an award banquet.

There are 4 different possible options that we could consider and they are
as follows:

Option 1

Event registration fee of $ 85

Includes round trip transport between Albuquerque airport and event center
hotel

Box lunches at both the 2 meter event on Saturday and 80 meter event on
Sunday

Maps

Practice day event

Awards

Competitors would need to provide own transport to event sites from hotel
via car pool or rental cars. T-Shirt would be an optional extra cost and
there would be no award banquet.

Option 2

Event registration fee of $ 85 + banquet + T-shirt. We estimate
approximately $135 but this is not firm.

Includes round trip transport between Albuquerque airport and event center
hotel

No bus transport. Competitors would need to provide own transport to event
sites from hotel via car pool or rental cars

Awards

Includes banquet on Saturday (need to cost but probably $20-$40)

Includes event T-Shirt approximately $20 added to registration fee

Box lunches at both the 2 meter event on Saturday and 80 meter event on
Sunday

Maps

Practice day event

Option 3

Event registration fee of $160

Includes round trip transport between Albuquerque airport and event center
hotel

Includes bus transport to and from both event sites and the event center
hotel

Box lunches at both the 2 meter event on Saturday and 80 meter event on
Sunday

Maps

Awards

Practice day event

No banquet and T-shirt would be an additional optional cost.

Option 4

Event registration fee of $ 160 + banquet + T-shirt (approximately $210 but
that number is not firm yet)

Includes round trip transport between Albuquerque airport and event center
hotel

Includes bus transport to and from both event sites and the event center
hotel

Awards

Includes banquet on Saturday

Includes event T-Shirt

Box lunches at both the 2 meter event on Saturday and 80 meter event on
Sunday

Maps

Practice day event

However the organizing committee is also very sensitive to the cost of event
registration. The bus is the most single expensive item that affects the
registration fee.  Please respond (see below) and let the organizing
committee know what your desired preference is.

I.                    I plan to attend and what option I would prefer

II.                  If the bus is included that would prevent me from
attending (event is to expensive)

Note that we do have some room for mixed registration fees (e.g. some could
opt out of the banquet) but bus transportation is an all or nothing deal.
Costs for the bus assume that we are amortizing the cost across the entire
field of competitors.

73's

Jerry Boyd WB8WFK co chairman, 2011 region II ARDF championships