[TexasARDF] [ardfteamusa] Region II ARDF championship organizing committee poll

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Jan 11 21:59:19 PST 2011

I will attend.

Any of the options is fine with me.  The differential between the least
and most expensive options is approximately $125.  When one considers
meals and lodging plus round-trip transportation to ABQ, the extra $125
between bare-bones and all-out isn't likely to be all that large of a
percentage of the total cost for the non-local competitors.  I would
like to see some type of group dinner at the conclusion.

Bus transportation to the venues really needs some thought from the
organizers in addition to just the cost issue.  Distance to the venues,
logistical issues re venue secrecy and likelihood of people getting lost
or having trouble, communications, parking problems, etc. are all to be
considered.  If the events are not too far, multiple trips with a rented
van might be more feasible than conventional buses.

Please also consider putting on some training events during the days
prior.  This has been done in the past, and we in the US typically have
far fewer opportunities to practice than competitors from other regions.

Speaking for myself, if I'm going to commit to the time off work and
travel costs I would not mind spending a few additional dollars for the
extras that make the event more memorable.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net