[FQP] Thank You

Taylor Monfort tmonfort at ihcounsel.com
Mon Apr 30 15:08:03 PDT 2018

Gentlemen,

Once again, I very much enjoyed the FQP.  It has become my second favorite
contest, SSCW being the first.  The contest is extremely well organized,
offers an excellent chance to sweep all 67 counties, is a manageable concise
timeframe and is a showcase for outstanding CW ops.  While I am in Virginia,
I consider FQP a "home" event since I grew up in St. Petersburg and
graduated from FSU.  In the 7th grade, we were required to memorize the
names of all 67 counties and county seats and put them on a blank FL map.
I'm pretty sure I've been in all 67.

I didn't do so well this year.  The prop was iffy to VA on Saturday.  West
Coast and Midwest stations were coming in great, but I could not even hear
many of the mobiles in the afternoon.  As evening rolled around and the
mobiles QSY'd to 40, things picked up quite a bit.  Unfortunately (poor
planning on my part), my wife and I hosted a wine tasting that evening, so I
had to QRT around 2200Z and lost out on what promised to be prime time.
Sunday morning was somewhat better, then about 1600Z 20 went dead.  Once
again, I could barely hear or not hear at all most of the mobiles.  I have
achieved the sweep in previous years but fell 12 short this year, though I
was able to pick up the spelling bee 1X1's.

Thank you, Chris and the FQP committee, for all the work you have done to
make FQP a premier amateur radio event.

73,

Taylor

WA4APB

information.  Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure, or
message.  This email is not intended, nor shall it be deemed, unless
otherwise expressly provided in writing, to (1) constitute or provide legal
advice or counsel, unless the recipient already has an attorney-client
relationship with the firm or me; (2) create an attorney-client
relationship; or (3) contain my electronic, or other implied, signature.